We've invited the first batch of startups to Unpitch!
Inspired by conversations at this year's MassTLC unConference, Unpitch is a new event geared to entrepreneurs interested in connecting with investors. It's not about delivering an elevator pitch onstage or a "demo day" presentation, or trying to grab a few seconds with a venture capitalist in a conference hallway. Unpitch is a chance to sit down with an angel investor or VC for lunch in a casual, no-pressure environment; discuss your business; and get feedback and connections that will help you get to the next stage. Unpitch is totally free. The investors are buying lunch for the entrepreneurs...because each of them acknowledges that without great entrepreneurs, there are no successful investors.
We'd love your help spreading the word about Unpitch... the hashtag is #unpitch.
A few things to know before applying to Unpitch:
- Space is unfortunately very limited. Our goal is 25 investors and 60 entrepreneurs, though we may be able to accommodate a few more.
- We're giving preference to entrepreneurs that haven't engaged with investors so far, and haven't been through accelerator programs. (Though neither will disqualify you.)
- You'll be eating lunch with one investor and 2-3 other entrepreneurs. So the time will be shared with others, and you'll need to be comfortable discussing your idea in front of other entrepreneurs. But you'll have a chance to meet other investors before and after lunch.
Among the investors committed to participate in Unpitch are:
- Izhar Armony, Charles River Ventures
- Dave Balter, dunnhummby Ventures
- Peter Boyce, General Catalyst Partners
- Jeffrey Bussgang, Flybridge Capital Partners
- Joe Caruso, Bantam Group
- Larry Cheng, Volition Capital
- Maria Cirino, .406 Ventures
- Jens Eckstein, SR-One
- Jeff Fagnan, Atlas Venture
- Alex Finkelstein, Spark Capital
- Ric Fulop, North Bridge Venture Partners
- Jean George, ATV and Lightstone Ventures
- Rick Grinnell, Fair Haven Capital
- Lee Hower, NextView Ventures
- Steve Kraus, Bessemer Venture Partners
- John Landry, Lead Dog Ventures
- Jennifer Lum, Apricot Capital
- Amir Nashat, Polaris Venture Partners
- Dan Nova, Highland Capital Partners
- Kiran Reddy, Third Rock Ventures
- Stan Reiss, Matrix Partners
- Shereen Shermak, Launch Angels
- Nicole Stata, Boston Seed Capital
- Reed Sturtevant, TechStars Boston and Project 11
- Jo Tango, Kepha Partners
- Bill Warner, Co-Flow Investing
- Aaron White, Venrock
You don't have to live in Boston to apply, but you do have to be able to get here on December 11th. And there are no age limits on applying.
We make no guarantees about Unpitch. (This is the first one!) But our goal is to create powerful new connections between Boston's emerging entrepreneurs and its most active investors.
You must apply by midnight on December 1st to be considered. Entrepreneurs that are accepted will be notified by December 4th. Thanks for your interest in Unpitch!Apply to Unpitch